Our Quality and Safety
Very Special Kids aims to ensure that all children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families, are able to access quality services that meet their needs.
We are focused on providing the highest quality of care to the children and families we support. We do this by:
- Employing staff who are qualified and well trained to undertake all aspects of the care they deliver.
- Measuring and evaluating the care we provide so that we know it is safe and effective.
- Involving children and families in the planning of their care, and in the development and evaluation of services.
- Looking for opportunities to improve the way we do things.
- Listening and responding to feedback about our services.
- Providing a physical environment that is appropriately equipped, comfortable and safe for families and staff.
- Promoting the healthcare rights of people who access our services. Click here to read our Charter of Rights.
- Having documented processes and procedures to ensure we care for children and families in a consistent and appropriate way.
- Ensuring that we achieve external accreditation against the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards.
To find out more, please download our Quality and Safety Statement.
You can also contact our General Manager, Service Delivery & Improvement if you have any questions or require further information.
Phone: 1800 888 875
Very Special Kids is a Child Safe Organisation.
- We are committed to ensuring the safety of all children in our care.
- We have zero tolerance for child abuse and discrimination.
- We proactively take measures to protect all children from abuse, particularly those at higher risk including children with a disability, Aboriginal children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- We will take all allegations and concerns seriously and will respond to them in accordance with our Child Safe Policy.
- We promote the rights of all children. Click here to read our Rights of the Child Charter.
To read our full Child Safety Policy click here.