Family Support Team Manager
- Key Leadership role on the Executive Management Committee
- 4-5 days per week negotiable
- Malvern location
Very Special Kids cares for children with life-threatening conditions by providing Victoria’s only children’s hospice and professional family support services. Our free-of-charge services help more than 900 families across Victoria, with ongoing support from the child’s diagnosis all the way through to recovery or bereavement and beyond.
We currently have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to lead our Family Support Team of professional staff responsible for the delivery of psychosocial support to families across Victoria. With backgrounds in social work, psychology, family therapy and counselling, the team provides a range of family-centred programs including counselling, sibling support, trained volunteers and bereavement support.
Your Background will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology or equivalent
- Proven management experience in a health or community services organisation
- Well developed program management skills including planning, budgeting, evaluation, quality improvement and policy development
- Highly developed strength in building and maintaining strong relationships with individuals, clients and peers
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical supervision and counselling theoretical frameworks
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Post graduate qualifications in grief and bereavement or relevant field preferred
Very Special Kids offers its employees a supportive and rewarding environment including a highly engaged team, unique beautiful setting conveniently located to shops, parking and transport in Malvern, salary packaging, and flexible working.
At Very Special Kids, our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to employ people of any gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, with a disability, Aboriginal Australians and varied cultural backgrounds. If this sounds like you, please take a look at the position description.
Please apply in writing by Monday 25th May, addressing the key selection criteria in the position description in a cover letter along with your resume to Katrina Hall, Human Resources Manager, via email@example.com. Please note, cover letters are required to progress to interview.
Very Special Kids is committed to providing a child-safe environment and requires all staff to have Working with Children and Police Record Checks.