Toby McCredie Golf Day raises $15k for Very Special Kids
Held at the prestigious Woodlands Golf Club, golfers enjoyed a great day out on the greens while raising $15,000 for children with life-threatening conditions.
Not only was it a great round of 18-holes, but this event has a rich and meaningful 10-year history as the Toby McCredie Golf Day.
Toby was a healthy and happy 11-month-old baby. He loved playing with his big brother Jake, and brought much love into the lives of parents Penny and Tim. However, Toby accidentally choked while eating his lunch
After spending 9 days in Intensive Care, it was evident that Toby had suffered severe brain damage and Penny, Tim and Jake spent the next 3 weeks in hospital by Toby’s side.
During this time, Very Special Kids supported the family but sadly, Toby passed away just 8 days after his 1st birthday.
The care that Very Special Kids provides is still offered to the McCredie family, through our Bereavement Support Program. We help them through services such as sibling days, artistic therapy, counselling and family activities that connect them with other families sharing similar experiences.
The funds raised at the Toby McCredie Golf Day will allow us to continue supporting the McCredie’s as well as many other families in need.
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Our hosts – Woodlands Golf Club with a special appreciation going out to Richard Tullberg and Louise Cooper, Sean Keenan & Jason Simmons
- Financial Coaching – with a special thanks to Roger Paul and Lois Taylor
- Orange Business Services – with a special appreciation to Kevin Griffen and Alex Skewes
- In-kind sponsors – Lion and Asahi
Also, a big thank you to:
- The McCredie family – Tim, Penny, Jake & Lachlan
- Luke Young for sharing his story
- Darren James our MC
- Bruce Clark, Peter Hutchinson and Travis Keenan for their support with the Calcutta
- Peter Thackrah for entertaining us
- Golf Select for managing the registrations and mobile scoring
- And finally, thank to everyone who played!
Categories: Family News, Fundraising News, Very Special Kids News