A huge $1,043,788 has been raised in the 2015 Piggy Bank Appeal to help more than 900 Victorian families caring for children with life-threatening conditions.
Five giant piggy banks travelled 6,958 kilometres across Victoria collecting donations, with the support of 271 volunteers, 88 ALH Group venues, 283 Commonwealth Banks and numerous other businesses and organisations.
Very Special Kids CEO Sarah Hosking says the funds raised will enable Very Special Kids to continue its important work.
“We are extremely grateful for the generous support of our corporate partners, our volunteers, and the Victorian community, for enabling us to care for more than 900 families across the state.
“While the future is uncertain for many of these families and their children, one thing they can rely on is that Very Special Kids will be there to offer respite and end-of-life care through the hospice and practical and emotional support through our Family Support Services and Family Service Volunteers, and all free-of-charge.
“It costs $7million per year to operate Very Special Kids. Thank you for helping us give these families that certainty,” said Sarah.
On Tuesday night a finale event for the 2015 Piggy Bank Appeal, recognised the businesses, community groups and individuals that worked tirelessly throughout the month of September to raise funds for Very Special Kids, including major partners Seven News Melbourne, Commonwealth Bank and ALH Group. Awards were presented to those who went the extra mile.
Piggy Bank Appeal Awards
Supporting Partner and Media Awards
- ADVENT PRINT MEDIA provided the Piggy Bank Appeal with a variety of printing solutions including posters, newsletters, banners and merchandise boxes
- WTFN ENTERTAINMENT filmed and produced our television commercial for Channel Seven and the Scott family videos. They are experts in producing television content
- MAKE IT HAPPEN is the creative and design team that bring our Piggy Bank Appeal images and messages to life
- SMOOTH FM 91.5 helped ensure a successful Piggy Bank Appeal with community service announcements, radio mentions and website promotions
- TOYOTA has again provided five vehicles for this year’s Piggy Bank Appeal. You will have seen our giant piggy banks cruising around town. They have travelled across Victoria on the back of Toyota Klugers
- LEADER COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS receive a Community Award who spreading the word by publishing family stories and photos to publicise our fundraising events and activities.
Major Partner Awards
- COMMONWEALTH BANK branches throughout Victoria accept donations from their local communities and also stage fantastic events that raise significant funds for the Piggy Bank Appeal
- SEVEN NEWS have supported the Piggy Bank Appeal since its inception. Without this important media support we would not be able to spread our message to the people of Victoria. We thank Peter Mitchell for being our Piggy Bank Appeal Ambassador again this year
- ALH GROUP supports the Piggy Bank Appeal by fundraising in its 88 venues across Victoria and also made a major contribution by getting right into the spirit of the Piggy Trails
ALH Group Awards
- Recognition Award for Category A – MORWELL HOTEL, who raised $5,321
- Highest Fundraiser for Category A – BLUE BELL HOTEL, who raised $6,080
- Recognition Award for Category B – OLINDA CREEK HOTEL, who raised $11,001
- Highest Fundraiser for Category B – BURVALE HOTEL, who raised $12,258
- Recognition Award for Category C – SEAFORD HOTEL, who raised $15,040
- Highest Fundraiser for Category C – SKYWAYS HOTEL, who raised $20,121
- Overall Highest Fundraising Venue for the ALH Group – SKYWAYS HOTEL, who raised $20,121
Commonwealth Bank Awards
- Branch recognition award – ROSEBUD, who raised $2,251
- 3rd Highest Fundraising Branch – TRARALGON, who raised $2,521
- 2nd Highest Fundraising Branch –MORNINGTON, who raised $5,370
- Highest Fundraising Branch –CASTLEMAINE, who raised $7,384
- Overall Highest Fundraising Branch –CASTLEMAINE, who raised $7,384
Lotto Outlet Awards
Tatts Lotto outlets have supported the Piggy Bank Appeal since its inception.
- 3rd Highest Fundraising Lotto – BP PRAHRAN, who raised $3,170
- 2nd Highest Fundraising Lotto – CLIFTON HILL LOTTO, who raised $8,076
- Highest Fundraising Lotto – INVERLOCH LOTTO, who raised $8,128
Community Supporter Awards
- Recognition Award Community Supporter – HEALESVILLE RSL, who raised $10,563
- 3rd Highest Community Supporter – KEILOR EAST RSL, who raised $11,820
- 2nd Highest Community Supporter – PANTRY BRIGHTON, who raised $17,459
- Highest Community Supporter – WESTEND MARKET HOTEL, who raised $17,898
- Rising Star Award – RENEE GARNER & DAVID SZELECZKY
Renee & David came on board as volunteers for the 2015 Piggy Bank Appeal with gusto! In only a couple of months they have learnt to tow the pigs, spread the piggy spirit around Prahran Market and Bourke Street Mall, and even took on their first regional trail around the South West of Victoria. Corporate high flyers during the week, they successfully become pig suit and feather boa wearing fundraising superstars on weekends!
- Volunteer Recognition Award – SUE SERRA
In the eight years Sue has volunteered she has travelled more than 6000km (almost halfway to Rome), eaten over 66kg of sausages cooked by local Rotary members, sold 12,000 items of merchandise, sprayed her hair pink 10 times, visited 82 CBAs and 22 ALH venues, shaved five person’s heads, visited four pig farms selling pig poo and helped raised more than $100,000.