Melbourne Cup Carnival
Pin & Win is the VRC’s flagship annual charity fundraiser and since 1995 has given charities the platform to raise more than $5.7 million through the sale of the Lexus Melbourne Cup souvenir pins, helping to change lives and support the community.
Very Special Kids is the 15th charity to partner with the VRC, with the Pin & Win partnership to support an upgrade of Very Special Kids’ children’s hospice at Malvern where it cares for children with life-threatening conditions and provides much-needed family support services. The Pin & Win campaign will commence in early September, with pins available at Flemington and a range of retail outlets. The 2019 campaign has raised over $450,000 and 2020 is set to be bigger and better!
The main role is to assist Very Special Kids to sell as many pins as possible at the key race days, and additional events listed below. Volunteers will be provided with on-line training in advance and a refresher briefing on the day.
- AAMI Victoria Derby Day – Saturday 31 October
- Lexus Melbourne Cup Parade (Swanston Street) – Monday 2 November
- Lexus Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 3 November
- VRC Kennedy Oaks Club Lunch – Wednesday 4 November
- Kennedy Oaks Day – Thursday 5 November
- Seppelt Wines Stakes Day – Saturday 7 November
The dress code for these opportunities is race wear so you can soak up the race day atmosphere while selling pins and making a difference for Very Special Kids!