20 March 2023
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Transition Support Program
NOTE – this is a private event for families supported by Very Special Kids.
If your child is between the ages of 15 and 18, the Transition Support Program is here to guide and support you through this journey.
Parents are invited to join the discussion and access resources to assist you and your child with their transition into adulthood.
We will explore topics such as:
- Adult services that are available after school
- Transitioning from a children’s hospital to an adult hospital
- Proof of age cards, and how to organise one
- Centrelink changes when a child turns 16
- Tax file number
- Power of Attorney vs Guardianship.
Meet and connect with other parents who are going through the same journey. Learn from each other, bond over shared experiences, explore new idea’s and support each other through the transition phase.
Please RSVP here by Thursday 16 March. The Zoom link will be sent to all who have registered interest. If you have any questions, please contact Libby (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tracey (email@example.com).