Our Quality and Safety
Very Special Kids aims to ensure that all families of children with life-threatening conditions are able to access quality services that meet their needs.
We are focused on providing the highest quality of care to the children and families we support. We do this by:
- Employing staff who are qualified and well trained to undertake all aspects of the care they deliver
- Measuring and evaluating the care we provide so that we know it is safe and effective
- Involving our families in the planning of their care, and in the development and evaluation of services
- Looking for opportunities to improve the way we do things
- Listening and responding to feedback about our services
- Providing a physical environment that is appropriately equipped, comfortable and safe for our families and staff
- Having clearly articulated systems, processes and procedures to ensure we care for our families in a consistent and appropriate way
- Ensuring that we achieve external accreditation against the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards. In October 2015, we were successfully accredited by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards for another 3 years.
To find out more, please download our 2015-16 Quality and Safety Statement