Contradicting the natural cycle of life, the death of a child is very often the most profound loss for a family.
Very Special Kids provides a Bereavement Support Program that offers a safe and affirming space for families to explore the impact of their child’s death.
Developed in consultation with bereaved families, the Bereavement Support Program provides a range of activities designed to meet the individual needs of each family. The program offers:
• Emotional support and counselling
• Sibling support
• Opportunities for bereaved families to meet each other through family activities and networking
• An annual Remembrance Day and Anniversary Cards
• Creating Memories scrapbooking and art workshops
• Memory Stones that can be engraved with a child’s name for families to keep
• Quarterly newsletter Continuing Links that is written specifically for bereaved families
• Family holiday accommodation at Glen Osmond Farm in Woodend
To find out more information about the bereavement services we offer to families, please call the Very Special Kids Support Line on (03) 9804 6253 or download the Bereavement Support Program fact sheet.